proposed trade... (octatrack for 256)

• hi everyone...
    so i recently got an elektron OT and MDuw
    they are incredible machines...
    in fact they have truly upset my process!
    haha
    im kind of lost as to what to do next...
    what direction to take...
    i do know, that using the 2 machines in conjunction has me completely outside of the computer...
    which is good... ive made some great beats...
    but i think i am too far removed from my lunchbox setup...
    the lunchbox will always be around... but for my next project i want to stray from that....
    ive been spit-balling... and trying to think of a more appropriate setup...
    for shows... for portability ect...
    anyone willing to trade their 256 (details can be discussed) for this octatrack beast??
    i might even consider a 128.... but i just don't know right now....
    someone holler with some advice, ideas or offers....
    sting!
    thanks gents

• how have you been putting the OT to use? aside from being 'outside the box', what about the OT makes it inspiring to work with?

also, thoughts on the MD?!

i am not looking to acquire either, but as someone with a sense of your [performance] workflow and style, i am curious as to how you've been jamming with the devices.

i love the music & projects you have going on edison [been binge listening to artemis vs. the city], mad respect! hope all is well.

• ayo!
    so, the OT is a very impressive machine..
    i've basially been using it as the main sequencer/mixer for things...
    ive been running the MD to the OT then the whole mix to the laptop..
    sounds great!
    i got the OT running MIDI clock for the whole deal...
    in general, the composing and sequencer on the OT are fun quick and really flexible...
    you can chop and rearrange... automate instantly ect...
    its like part sampler, part efx box, mixer and midi sequencer, arpeggiator all in one....
    so really the possibilities are non stop...
    ive been running all drums from the MD and i freaking love it...
    all melodic content on the OT
    my disconnect is when combining them both... i have no use for the laptop...
    but a master FX bus....
    it's not quite as "hands on" as i am used to...
    more a live PA set up than button mashing finger drumming thing...
    while sampling and sequencing are hella fresh and quick... it's mostly a 2 handed affair, leaving me unable to get in like im used to....

so, either way... this post is for anyone who has a 128 or 256 not getting use... and wants to try something different...
    lets work something out...
    sting!

• Wazup edison! I think I fall into your criteria :)

My walnut 256 isn't getting the love it deserves. I've made a turn down the modular synth road the past few years, as well as recently fallen in love with the Elektron form factor (have a MD mk1 and a monomachine sfx-60 keyboard)

I've been eyeballing the octotrack hard recently for it's live sampling capabilites Seems like piping my bugbrand modular into the octo might just equal audio heroin.

I purchased my 256 from a fellow forum member here a couple years back. Did the bus power upgrade myself a year or so ago (or whenever tehn released those kits)

Anyway, I can think of no better situation than to trade (much prefer trading gear over selling) w/ someone like yourself who would surely use to its fullest. so...if you're still down let's talk!

take my username and add

@gmail.com

8^)

• email sent yo!

• annnnd done!... you'll be seeing me on some too many blinkies soon hoss!

• that's how we do!

• stoked someone else gets to enjoy the OT (it is excellent, as edison says) but also I can't wait to see edison destroy 256 buttons. oh man.

• +1

Cant wait to see you on the 256 bro!!!

• thanks ya'll!