[interview] edison, by labaroom

• in case y'all missed this: [[http://labaroom.com/2011/07/30/push-the-buttons/|labaroom interviewed edison]] recently, in russian and english. english is at the bottom of the article, halfway down the page.

y'know what i like about edison? besides the frickin' awesome talent & tunes & performance chops, he just comes across as a really nice guy. and his music: it's hip hop, but it's //not// filled with profanity and nasty junk that seems to permeate the rest of the genre. young dudes like edison on the instrumental beats scene are taking back the music, doing something positive with it, and being really humble about the whole thing, too. plus plus. respect!

. . . and dare i say it? sting!

• new project coming up? sounds really cool, looking forward to hearing more of it. and great interview!

• whoa!

@night
    thanks a whole lot for the exceptionally kind words! and posting this up!
    these labaroom dudes were great!
    i must admit...
    i hate to say i hate anything (in interviews... or elsewhere)
    because when it comes down to it...
    even the music you hate, has some really nice folks making it...
    but yes, i must agree with the sentiment... i do NOT like where hip hop is at right now...
    it's disgusting... (kreayshawn & v-nasty???)
    even one of my to be left nameless rap heroes has gone shit club gangster autotune...
    and for a while, i loved the LA wonk atmospheres...
    but no one has broken the flylo box ever...
    shit's on repeat....
    ah well...
    we can only keep making what we believe in, and realize.... it's what WE believe, not what others should believe in...
    as for being young... haha
    not so much...
    but i'm stilll ready to chew some damn faces off!!!

@oletorjus
    thanks!
    this new project is actually no longer new...
    it needs some vocals... but i just keep listening and listening and not knowing what to do....
    it'll work itself out!
    sting!
    peaces ya'll

• I enjoyed this interview, thanks for posting it nightmorph.
    @edison
    at this point i don't really pay attention to much hip hop outside of my neighborhood unless it's instrumental, or someone i know and trust recommends it to me. i'm glad to see beatmakers out there taking DIY ethics to heart and being concerned with making music for themselves, that is ultimately what pushes style progress in any musical genre.