MCRPv11: "All Keyed Up" Edition (AVAILABLE NOW!!!)

• FULL ALBUM AVAILABLE HERE:

http://mcrpmusic.bandcamp.com/album/mcrpv11-all-keyed-up-edition

The sample pack has been distributed and it is time to make some music from the bits of music already made.

The rules, such as they are:

1. The only samples you cannot use are those you submitted yourself.

2. Use ONLY the samples provided to create your track. No additional music or instrumentation can be added, but feel free to mangle, warp, re-pitch and otherwise bend the existing sounds to your will.

That's about it. Ask any questions and I will answer as I can.

In case you forget, samples were submitted in the key of:

*********G MAJOR / E MINOR*********

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR COVER PHOTO TO: machsymbiont@yahoo.com by Sunday, November 6.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR FINAL TRACK NO LATER THAN 11:59 PM PACIFIC TIME ON WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 16th. TRACKS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED IN EITHER AIFF OR WAV FORMAT, NOT MP3.

E-MAIL THEM TO ME OR SEND A LINK TO:

jcoldslabs at the Google mail

SAMPLES RECEIVED FROM:

hlp
    nightmorph (ioflow)
    steveoath
    pirxthepilot
    Ycros/Sorcy
    artfwo
    custardweasel
    machsymbiont
    KristofferLislegaard
    r1v1era
    pauk
    stax67
    phortran
    noiseflowr
    egon77
    Ambassador Hobbes
    lokey

• yesssssss.

• @BitWise: sounds good to me.

• @BitWise: excellent idea !

• just pick the fucking key allready!

:D

• @KL: I was thinking that, too. If I don't get many votes by tomorrow I think I will go with whatever key sounds good to me. Better to get things going than wait for all voices to have spoken!

• In.. and again I want me some G maj action

• also we need a sample deadline.

• in like flynn.

• D minor?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgViOqGJEvM

• lol. love that movie. a "mach" piece... f major / d minor was my random suggestion that i e-mailed to antiphon. wait a minute... what's going on here? hahaha :)

• i like the key to be in Bb because i'm a trumpet player.

nah, i'm not really a trumpet player :D anyway - you're awesome antiphon! i visited the forum just to ask if there would be any upcoming MCRPs. because i really miss MCRP!!

(don't care what key it is, i'm in!)

• D min is the saddest key.
    My vote is for db maj
    Though c maj is the easiest for new people.

• In C?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_C

• This is like herding cats, people! Only a handful of votes for key so far and no duplicates, so I may just throw my vote behind whatever key I like.

Hey, someone's gotta do it.

@KL: I'll update the opening post in a day or two, but right now I'm thinking the samples should be submitted by 11:59 PM PDT on Sunday, October 23rd and tracks due three weeks after that. For those in the US this will be enough in advance of the Thanksgiving holiday to not cause too many headaches.

It's 4:30 A.M. where I am so I'm off to bed. In other words, time for me to 'be flat.' Ha-ha!!!!!!!

• F#m! The best of all the keys!
    Actually doesn't matter to me, I'll just throw my vote in for Dm or G, also nice keys.

I shall also participate in this fine project.

• doesnt matter much to me, as long as we just pick one, the actual tracks we make dont need to be in this key...

• I most definitely voted G-Maj

Solidarityy!!! we are the 1% that voted G-Maj

• Given my own guitarist's bias and throwing my weight behind @BitWise and @thealphanerd's votes:

G-Major/E-minor it is!!!!!!!!!!!

I will amend the top post for new details. Time to make some samples!

• yay g maj / e min

everyone can submit their photos to machsymbiont at the yahoo

• @Bit: I've never been one to bristle when given advice or suggestions, so never hesitate to pipe up--like you ever would! E-mail at the top it is.

• I'm in. Any key you dudes decide on. My ear is untrained, so I'll just roll with it.

• yay, okay this time I should be able to make it, sounds awesome. I'll try to get some sounds from China where I'm at right now, even though I'm not sure if it's too atumny here or not.. but today is quite cold really. happy days.

• @oletorjus, very keen to hear your sample contributions!

i'll try and get a sample of the wind by my building, these days it really howls!

• Yay more remix projects! I'm in.

• I'll give it a go. I have been making music a little more often these days so maybe I'll actually get one in on time. I like the concept, it gives me a chance to record the modular which, of course, makes me happy.

• @egon: bring on the modular sounds! Good to have you on board for this one.

• First samples received (music and field) from @hlp. The ball is rolling....

• :-) can't wait to get started

• Bump.

Less than a week to go. Get working on those samples!

• submitted an instrumental sample. still gotta find some field recording-type thing. the beaches are ten minutes away, so i'll try to get out there for some wave action.

• Sample received from nightmorph/ioflow.

That's TWO so far, not including my own.

• I plan to get 2 samples to you - was waiting for my ARC4 to get here (Aust) (and attempt to use it for at least one of the samples)
    - Arc arrived today! - itching to get home - and get busy on it!
    .....(first time MRCPer so please don't expect awesomeness)

• No one expects awesomeness, but awesomeness usually happens anyway. Welcome aboard!

• Hey mcrpeeps. - been a while since I've been on here but want to get back into the swing of things :-)

ukelele sample sent.

Field recording to come.

• @steveoath: sample received. Thanks.

THREE DAYS TO GO FOR SAMPLE SUBMISSION!!!!!!!

• just sent mine. guess i'm officially in!!

• @pirx: samples received. Thanks.

• Gmaj sample recorded... now just to record something autumny.

• Sample received from Ycros/Sorcy.

TWO DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

• Just sent mine =) First time along, should be fun.

• indoor/outdoor sent

• Brought the modular to my office today because I'm working all weekend. I will probably get my samples in late tonight.