mlrv 2.2 + walnut 128 (2012) issue

• Hi All,
    So I finally got my 128 up and running and have been exploring a few applications. mlr is working well for me, but when I run mlrv, I can't get any functions outside of the sequencer lights to respond (i.e. group mutes, record, etc). I can trigger clips fine, but that is about it. Any idea of what the issue could be?

Operating System: OSX 10.6.8
    Monome: Walnut 128 (2012)
    mlrv release: 2.2
    Using monomeserial (serialosc bridge)
    Max: Max 5 Runtime

Sorry if this has already been discussed, any help would be appreciated!

• what does it say in mlrv's mapping tab? maybe try remapping the group mutes, pattern recorders, ect. and see if that works. also i'd suggest using Pages to run monomeserial apps instead of the serialosc bridge.

• Hm, it looks like there my mapping tab is actually blank - same with the delay and sample tab (see screenshot). I copied all of the xsample files into max, but do I have to either copy or run any patches in parallel for these sections to work?

(also - thanks for the tip on using Pages... I'll start getting in that habit)

1280 x 800 - 257K
  • try re-downloading mlrv. theres a serialosc version here

http://post.monome.org/comments.php?DiscussionID=13529&page=1#Item_0

from your screenshot it looks like u have max 5 and 6 running simultaneously. not sure why you'd want to do that, but you need to make sure you installed the xsample files in the version of max you use mlrv in. in my experience, mlrv uses much less cpu in max 5.

• Max6 is currently unsupported by mlrv and we've had reports of some serious bugs and crashes so best to stick with Max5.

looks like Max can't find the sub-folders in the search path, which generally means that you've got the mlrv folder in a location where the file path includes spaces. try putting the mlrv folder in a more top-level folder where there's no spaces or special characters in the file path. Close Max. Reopen mlrv.

also - best to check you've got xsample installed (there's a folder called xsample in the mlrv folder with instructions).

• @elquinto - Thanks for the link. I think my max 5 was running from an earlier m4l session. I'm removing max 6 completely from my system until I upgrade to the standalone so I'll see if that helps the issue.

@galapagoose - it definitely sounds like the spaces issue could be the issue here. I'll give it a try when I'm out of work to see if that does the trick.

Thanks to you both for all the help!

• alas, poor aijca, the hardest working spambot out there. Don't hate her folks, She's just trying to put food on her kids plates. 8D