Aijca

• Less than 1% of the forum users are consuming more than 99% of our server resources. #Occupy!

No, seriously. This was the most aggressive and destructive spambot attack I've yet seen. Screw the "great threads unearthed" thing; it bumped some of our most active threads off the front page. I've lost my footing in every conversation. It's completely disorienting.

• If there's a person behind this, show yourself. We will punch you until you stop bleeding.

• I want to deliver a trailerload of manure to the doorstep of whomever is behind this Aijca spambot attack. Bloody unmitigated audacity!

P.S. Raja - I thought your rants/posts //were// regarded as an acceptable norm here?
    ;-)>

• you peeked ;)

• I miss all the freelance writers.

• woah. can a mod not just delete the account + posts? or is that not possible...

• Hopefully it's not the 'first of many', as maybe the forum has crossed a popularity threshold that attracts spambots.

• ack. i'll start cleaning up. this version of vanilla has both poor spam prevention and cleanup tools.

• the other unfortunate part is that it's a yahoo address. past spam has all been from mail15.com hence an easy rule.

• Still. It's not all bad. Raja might find a dress and my Googling of Aijca found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM2_258rI1U

I may have a new hobby.

• :-(
    seems like i always miss the 'fun'.
    I swear, I never ever have seen one spam at this forum. Just afterwards the occassionally 'freelance writer' substitution.
    Thanks to whoever reacts so fast that - in most cases - i don't even realize there was a spam attack.

• this one was a beast of an attack. Props to the mods!