enable loop - cygnet256

• how can i enable a continious loop with cygnet? "loop status" is showing "stop/waiting" and it seems i canĀ“t change that...

any help?

thanks in advance,

stephan bodzin

• The way cygnet is set up, it is expecting a MIDI even to designate the start and end loop points. There are some cryptic UI options that allow you to select a MIDI input and controler (like, say, sustain). Even if you know what you're doing, it is tricky to get right.

• hi stretta, just came across this app and am having trouble getting the looping to work. is there a manual somewhere?

i have the sounds/tracks working (assigned some VST instruments with Native Instruments Kore).

so how do i go about looping with a foot-switch.

could you run me through the setup, i have a multitimbral rack in Kore with different instruments. Monome serial is set to /cygnet for my 256. Each instrument plays on a different midi channel. I can now change instruments/tracks with the 'record enable' switches .. so far so good.

clock settings on the right are set to internal source (with checkbox enabled) but what do i select as 'beat clock source' ?

when i press the record/play in the interface it work. but how do i control it with a foot-switch or pad from the monome ?

Could you maybe explain all the options on the top (Input, control, input monitor, loop status, loop options) and the clock settings ?

• Hi stretta
    can you document these so people can use the app or point to where you have documented them so we can share the app and use it as you do ?

The way cygnet is set up, it is expecting a MIDI even to designate the start and end loop points. There are some cryptic UI options that allow you to select a MIDI input and controler (like, say, sustain). Even if you know what you're doing, it is tricky to get right.