linux libmonome installation trouble

• I'm having some trouble installing libmonome on my linux box.
    Here's where I'm at:

EDIT: I should say that libmonome appears to install just fine. But when I try to install serialosc or add -lmonome to my gcc lines and run the result...

---------------------------

uname -a

Linux acc-1004367-dev 3.5.4-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Sep 15 13:04:04 UTC 2012 i686 GNU/Linux

cd serialosc
    ./waf configure

Setting top to : /home/mfoster/serialosc
    Setting out to : /home/mfoster/serialosc/build

Checking for 'gcc' (c compiler) : /usr/bin/gcc

Checking for working poll() : yes
    Checking for libudev : yes
    Checking for libmonome : not found
    The configuration failed False
    (complete log in /home/mfoster/serialosc/build/config.log)

tail -f build/config.log

[2/3] cprogram: build/.conf_check_67e2216b89e181776daed45adeffdfd0/testbuild/test.c.1.o -> build/.conf_check_67e2216b89e181776daed45adeffdfd0/testbuild/testprog

['/usr/bin/gcc', 'test.c.1.o', '-o', '/home/mfoster/serialosc/build/.conf_check_67e2216b89e181776daed45adeffdfd0/testbuild/testprog', '-Wl,-Bstatic', '-Wl,-Bdynamic', '-lmonome']
    [3/3] test_exec: build/.conf_check_67e2216b89e181776daed45adeffdfd0/testbuild/testprog

['/home/mfoster/serialosc/build/.conf_check_67e2216b89e181776daed45adeffdfd0/testbuild/testprog']
    err: /home/mfoster/serialosc/build/.conf_check_67e2216b89e181776daed45adeffdfd0/testbuild/testprog: error while loading shared libraries: libmonome.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

not found
    from /home/mfoster/serialosc: The configuration failed False

---------------------------

Thanks in advance!
    Murray

• Oh and I thought I'd add, I saw an invidiual experiencing the same behavior in the monome ARM [edit: monome raspberry PI] thread, but I believe her/his issue resolved itself.

• For now, my solution is to utilize a pkgbuild previously posted on the AUR:
    http://sprunge.us/gSId

EDIT: I'm not sure if i ended up leaving junk data in /build after forgetting the intermediary './waf' or what but i think everythings good.. Maybe drop that 3-liner Install instruction into the readme?

• When I rebuild my Rpi once they fix their curren 'turbo mode'/SD card corruption problem I'll try my theory again that this was resolved by invoking a second terminal and installing from there.

• it's likely because it was installing into /usr/local and your ld wasn't looking there (and this is definitely a problem on arch).

solutions are either to just use that PKGBUILD (which i think i need to update anyway, i took over those on the AUR) or to add a file in /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ that contains the line "/usr/local/lib". try:

> echo "/usr/local/lib" > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/usrlocal.conf

• also, just updated the AUR packages, so everything should be good there.

• Thanks for the info, Visinin.