mlr 2.6.1 EDIT + MultiOuts + TempoButtons + Special ReverbFunction

• EDIT:
    this was actually a help-thread asking for multiouts for mlr 2.6.1..
    now, after @anzym had made an edit and shared it here, i decided to change the topic!
    scroll down to find his fabolous edit!

-------------------------------------------------

hey guys,

is someone of you gifted enough to add some (4) multi outs to mlr 2.6.1??
    i have absolutely no idea of this stuff... besides i don't own the full version of max...

it would be quite awesome if someone helps me with that..!!

thank you in advance : )

happy weekend!

• nobody? : )

• soundcyst posted something interesting for this topic...
    i think this is it! unfortunately i don't own max.. just runtime...

508 x 378 - 23K
  • Hi birdster

I also needed something similar so I made a multiout version following soundcyst's instructions (thanks soundcyst ;) ) that seems to work fine, although I barely tested it ...

So there's 5 stereo outputs to mlr in Max :

1-2 Classic mlr output
    3-4 Group 1
    5-6 Group 2
    7-8 Group 3
    9-10 Group 4

I've tested it with Jack to connect all of Max's outs into Live9's inputs and it was working fine ! Tell me if it works for you ..

• I'll test it more "intensively" this week-end ..

• waaaaah, haven't seen your posts!! I'll check it out immedately!!!!!
    thanks in advance!!! <3<3<3<3

• i love you. waaaaaaahahahahahaaaa!!! seems to work fine!!!
    i love you. thank you!!!!!!!!!!

• well thanks to you too ! the infos you found helped a lot

• which drvier are you guys using? Live or ad_rewire?

• I'm using Jack to send audio from mlr to live then to my soundcard >> http://jackaudio.org/

Runs on mac/win/linux/others and allows you to route signals between applications.
    I'm only using it for audio but I guess it can send midi as well.

It's open-source so you'll find many addons to control or set it up ...

• if anyone would like to use it, i just modified mlr2.6.1_multiout again :

added 2 outputs for the plate reverb (outputs 11-12)
    birdster also needed tempo control buttons so i changed the top row functions to be :

1-8: regular group stop, pattern rec and shifters
    9: reverb on
    10: global reverse
    11-12: tempo -1bpm/+1bpm
    13-14: octave down/up
    15-16: preset prev/next

i had to unplug the 'rowfix' from the 8th button on the top row to fit the tempo controls in, not sure what it does as i'm still learning max/mlr, hope i didn't change something important (although everything seems to work fine), anyone knows what it was used for ?

• @anyzM
    the rowfix button is for when u get dead rows. it happens every so often and its pretty useful to have that function on the monome. just an idea- you could possibly use the shifter+9-10 to do tempo+/-. this way you could fit the tempo controls in and still keep the row fix.

• @elquinto
    thanks! i didn't know there was such a great function, i was just restarting mlr whenever it happened. so yes obviously it's better to have it at hand, i'll plug it back in once i figure out how the shifters work.

speaking of restarting things, if anyone needs it, i made a short script for windows to restart serialosc service as i often need to do it in win7