The Elementary Signal Engine release. Alpha

• Dear Friends and colleagues,

Made in MaxMSP

Folowwing on from my previous message some weeks ago I have released the alpha version of the ESE.

Next update will include the Monome and arc as controllers.

http://perevillez.wordpress.com/2014/02/16/ese-alpha-160214-released/

It requires a pokey machine to run it, but it is worth it.

For updates, tutorials and new resources, click follow the blog.

I will post all tutorials and instruction over the next couple of days. In the mean time the most important parameter is the SCROLLER! At least you can get a feel for what it does until you get the tutorials.

IMPORTANT:
    You will have to install the Particle font for it to work.
    Put the Library folder where you like but keep tabs on them.
    I will post all tutorials and manuals over next couple of days.

Remember, this is alpha. It might throw serious tantrums and spit at you.

All the best P

• I've been following this project for a while and am very excited to see this posted here. I can't wait to dig in.

Could you perhaps post a link to the "particle font" that needs downloading? A simple google search isn't turning up anything specific.

• Looked for it myself but then realised I think it's included in the package in the unzipped file "ESE vault"

• Yes it is with the package in the Vault.

• Got it, thanks all. Once I realized the file in the zip was a disk image and not the application, it all made sense.

Another note to those trying it out: press the spacebar to activate audio.. took me a little while to figure that out.

• Hey carp, its all on the Getting started blog. Have look, I think you'll find it useful

• Ah, fantastic. Taking a look now; thanks :)

• Whats a pokey machine?

• Means = can cope

• I've been playing with it quite a bit and have a question: How do you save the "states" through which one would use the scroller? I get a great sound I want, but I'm unsure how to save it so I can scroll back through it later.

• Hi Carp, Im glad you are making use of it. Can I refer you to the main wordpress ESE blog, where all support is hosted. Its all there and explains how to do what you want to do. Works best in Safari at the moment. All the best, P

• Thanks for your patience; I actually had read all the tutorials previously, but what I was asking about was how you have to "shift + click" to create the orange dot.

Took me awhile to figure that out, but thanks to the tutorials, the rest is very straightfoward. :)

• Ah ok, I am glad you managed to sort it out in the end. All the best, Pere

• Quick bug report: On OSX Mavericks, clicking the "WF" button does nothing. The WH, WP, and WS buttons all function properly.