Parallelogram+BoardsOfCanada+AphexTwin+SquarePusher(oh... and new app, too... sorta)

• Just a vid showing a supercollider version of MLR i created and uploaded to the appendix of the 'monoming with supercollider' tutorials(see vimeo description for relevant info). It has nice compensation for hardware-buffer-size(gives good sync for live-recording) and other differences from other versions, like more button combos to control fwd/rev, speed, grouping, stutters, delays, live-input recording etc.

[DISCLAIMER: IN RARE CASES SC_MLR HAS BEEN KNOWN TO CAUSE YELLOWING EYES/SKIN, DARK URINE, SEVERE STOMACH/ABDOMINAL PAIN, PERSISTENT NAUSEA/VOMITING, BLEEDING ASS DISORDER(OTHERWISE KNOWN AS "B.A.D."), PSYCHOTIC EPISODES, DELUSIONS OF POWER AND GRANDEUR, AND THE APOCALYPSE. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE USING SC_MLR WITH ANY HEART MEDICATION, FOOD, MOVEMENT OF BODY, OR SIGN OF LIFE.]
    [further disclaimer: everything in all caps is a lie. not just here but ANYWHERE! ;D]

(i will post more vids like this and general live-sampling in the future. this is the first time i've figured out acceptable latency in an electronic environment(wish i had an aleph! coding a live-sampling MLR would be even tighter than this! :D ..someday...) for folk/pop/whateva-musician live-sampling contexts according to my own subjective need/perspective thereof(or however one would put that in words :p). excited. but still gotta practice... i'm still workin on it, i'm working on it...)

Edit: oh and thank you to Parallelogram for making such an awesome beginning-of-a-track. I'll be sure to listen to the rest of the record someday ;D (just kidding... already heard and admired as well as digitized and added to my iTunes playlist) btw, i bought 2 copies of the vinyl years ago, for this express purpose(scratching and practicing the routine even for a bit, wears the shit out of these records...) makes me happy to finally manifest that idea :)

• love this

and that setup is dope . jealous of your rane :)

• Good stuff. This video reminds me of my early monoming days when I would watch videos and think, "What the hell is going on here? How does one do this?" Not sure I have those answers even now.

• @antiphon lol true

i need to try making a video like this

• People who are experienced at certain things often describe what they do in terms of "justs": "I'm just doing this or just doing that." This isn't false modesty, I know; it's that from the inside of any system the mechanics of that system seem mundane, but to someone on the outside peering in it looks impressive and unattainable.

It's like a good magic trick. The uninitiated see it is an awe inspiring illusion, but to the magician who spent six months perfecting the performance it's "just" something he or she knows how to do well.

So it may "just" be regular MLR, but it is regular MLR in the hands of someone who knows how to use it!

• awesome platform/work/jam session. i detected chill ambience and a touch of sinister.
    watching a monome and turntable work together is a beautiful scene...

• great sounds!