beekeeper help

• so everything installed and I got this error when running it.

./beekeep-0.4.3
    ./beekeep-0.4.3: error while loading shared libraries: libjansson.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• Make sure that jansson is installed: http://www.digip.org/jansson/ -- in the vagrant box at https://github.com/bensteinberg/aleph-development, I had to install the Ubuntu package libjansson4 *and* compile and install jansson 2.5.

• that helped but... whu?

file extension:
    preset_init...
    net_init...
    initialized ctlnet, byte count: 00044210
    adding operator; old input count: 0 , op class: 1 , size: 88 ; allocating... ; initializing...
    adding operator; old input count: 4 , op class: 1 , size: 88 ; allocating... ; initializing...
    adding operator; old input count: 8 , op class: 1 , size: 88 ; allocating... ; initializing...
    adding operator; old input count: 12 , op class: 1 , size: 88 ; allocating... ; initializing...
    adding operator; old input count: 16 , op class: 0 , size: 76 ; allocating... ; initializing...
    adding operator; old input count: 18 , op class: 0 , size: 76 ; allocating... ; initializing...
    adding operator; old input count: 20 , op class: 0 , size: 76 ; allocating... ; initializing...
    adding operator; old input count: 22 , op class: 0 , size: 76 ; allocating... ; initializing...
    adding operator; old input count: 24 , op class: 0 , size: 76 ; allocating... ; initializing...
    adding operator; old input count: 26 , op class: 0 , size: 76 ; allocating... ; initializing...
    adding operator; old input count: 28 , op class: 7 , size: 92 ; allocating... ; initializing...
    adding operator; old input count: 31 , op class: 9 , size: 64 ; allocating... ; initializing...
    scene_init...
    files_init...
    BEES file_init, scanning directories..
    render_init...
    init rendering regions..
    flash_bees_init...
    launching app with firstrun: 1 unrecognized file type, exiting

• maybe I am confused... this just converts files?

• Yes -- take a look at http://monome.org/community/discussion/comment/202803#Comment_202803 and previous comments for some caveats about versions.

• By the way, I just ran beekeep in earnest for the first time, and it worked. This was beekeep-0.4.3, and I ran it on the skitter scene from aleph140304.zip. The invocation looked like this:

vagrant@aleph-dev:~$ aleph/utils/beekeep/beekeep-0.4.3 /vagrant/skitter.scn

file extension: .scn
    preset_init...
    net_init...

etc., and created the file /vagrant/skitter.scn.json. Note that the first line of the output says the file extension, which it doesn't in your output. I just changed the name of skitter.scn to skitter, tried again, and it didn't work, so I think you either pointed it at a file that isn't a scene, or a scene file without the .scn extension. Rename the file and try again.

• Yes so far Beekeep only converts old scenes into Json so they can viewed in a text editor or really to be converted for the newer bees coming soon.

• actually you can also pass it .json as an argument and it will convert to .scn. i have lately been using this to make scenes instead of programming them from the unit. best used with 0.5.0 (upcoming, test from dev branch if you want) - the .json schema has been considerably streamlined for human read/writeability.

• so yeah that's why the input needs the correct file extension also.