Serialosc won't connect to arduinome on fresh 10.9.4 install

• I'm having a puzzling problem. I've got two machines with 10.9.4, one that was updated from a previous install and one that is a fresh, untouched 10.9.4 install with only the monome device installer on it.. Serialosc won't connect to my arduinomes on either.

My arduinomes are based on teensy 2.0 ++ boards and are built into a single case, they've been working fine on both machines pre 10.9.4.

The teensy is like the Arduino Uno and shows up as a modem.
    I can view both devices from terminal, they show up in /dev
    tty.usbmodema40h-201
    tty.usbmodema40h-101

If I stop serialosc and the run the old arduinomeserial it will happily connect to the devices and I can use them fine.

I also have a spare arduino duemilanove, if I flash this as an arduinome and plug it into either machine serialosc DOES connect to it and correctly spawns a process for this device.

It's the older FTDI arduino and shows correctly as
    tty.usbserial-a40h-001

Anyone got any ideas? I've been googling pretty hard to usbmodem issues on 10.9.4 but can't find anything.
    I've had a look at libmonome code and it's correctly expecting a tty.usbmodem pattern which is what I'm seeing.

I'm stumped.

• bump!
    I've tried 10.10 now too.
    Anyone here using 10.9.4 or 10.10 with a uno based arduinome and serialosc?

• OK so I fixed this by recompiling serialosc from source and installing it.
    Why did this help?
    I DON'T KNOW.

I guess the serialosc on github is newer than the one in the monome installer?
    Or it's some kind of permissions problem that installing manually fixes.