aleph midi out

• there's info in the docs about controlling aleph with midi devices...but i couldnt find anything relevant about the opposite method of control. it'd be cool to have aleph "translating" control network changes/audio/cv into midi, triggering/sequencing a drum machine with grid, changing synth parameters with arc or the built-in encoders.

i know there isnt a cc-out op yet
    but i still wanna try sending note + vel so i have a question:

does midi-out pass thru the "device" or "host"?

i only have one midi-to-usb converter so i want to make sure of what i'll need for these experiments

• midi_out passes through HOST. it's designed for a 1x1 MIDI-to-USB converter which are designed to interface a computer (here the aleph) to hardware synths. you can do both in and out over the same converter simultaneously, just use an instance of each of the operators.

• @galapagoose
    just to clarify...

so...i could connect an iConnect box to the Host port on the aleph and have In/Out MIDI communication?

• as long as the internal usb of the iConnect isn't some kind of hub, that seems to be the problem (from what I understand on another thread some devices 'act' like a hub even if they only have one usb port and the Aleph doesn't like this) so best to try before you buy

• oh...
    hmmm...

well i already have an iConnect that i primarily use with the OP-1.

it does have multiple USB connections and multiple MIDI In/Out...so i guess it would be a Hub of sorts.
    guess i could try it anyhow.

is there a Scene you could suggest @duncan_speakman that i could try it with?
    a Scene that receives clock?

would like to slave the aleph to some other noiz gear!
    :)

• just thought of something...

would a Elektron TM-1 work?
    http://www.elektron.se/products/tm-1

i do have one of those laying around as well!

• after a very brief look at the TM-1 it looks like it should work fine - just plug it into the HOST input on the aleph and you should be in business.