Trouble Re-flashing firmware on 2010 mk

• Hello wise people of the forum,

I’m having some trouble re-flashing the firmware on my monome (mk) kit (2010). I’m on OSX 10.9.5. Intel 64bit. I’ve scoured the few relevant posts on the forum but nothing fixed my problem.

I built the kit several years ago as a 64 and it worked fine in serialosc. I was able to get a second button board and driver a while ago and just recently had the time to put it all together to make a 128.

I was able, after some fidgeting, to get PirateRename to work and it appears I have successfully changed my serial # from the mkoooxxx designation to the mooooxxx 7 digit one.
    I changed the serial # in the Makefile: SERIAL = /dev/tty.usbserial-m0000158 and there was already a hex file named mk16x8.hex in the folder so I didn’t feel I had to change that.

I shorted the pins on the logic board to activate the bootloader.

I have turned the FTDI driver back on and activity monitor shows that serialosc is not running.
    I ran these commands and got these results which seem to look in order to me (I’m no expert in Terminal but it looks like my device is recognized):

Brad-Conrads-MacBook-Pro:mk-default110224 Administrator$ ls -lrt /dev | grep usbserial
    crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 18, 6 22 Mar 18:15 tty.usbserial-m0000158
    crw-rw-rw- 1 root wheel 18, 7 22 Mar 18:15 cu.usbserial-m0000158
    Brad-Conrads-MacBook-Pro:mk-default110224 Administrator$ ps ax | grep serialosc
    687 s000 S+ 0:00.00 grep serialosc

After I locate the folder in terminal I run “make 16x8” but get a “no rule to make target 16x8” message:

Brad-Conrads-MacBook-Pro:debug Administrator$ make 16x8
    make: *** No rule to make target `16x8'. Stop.

I’m wondering if I’m re-flashing the proper firmware for my kit. It’s the “mk-default110224” firmware. Should there be a bootloader folder with the firmware? The contents of the folder I downloaded are “button.c” “button.h” “Makefile” “mk.c” and the various hex files for the various grids.

I’m no expert in this but I’m fairly sure I’ve followed the instructions to a T. Obviously I’ve missed something here and would appreciate any help. I'd be more than happy to give more details.

Thanks in advance.

• After reading scrubberfox's post it looks like I don't have the proper bootloader files. Can't find them either. Could someone point me in the right direction?

• https://github.com/tehn/mk

formatting on the wiki isn't great, easy to miss the link. we're redoing the docs presently.

let me know if you have further trouble.

• Thanks tehn. I'll let you know how it goes.

• Problem solved with complete bootloader files.
    Thanks!