reason! awesome!

• hey don't know if any reason users have discovered this, but it seems pretty obvious. i was going about playing my reason sounds just as audio, but it would not let me record in reason, i could only hear the sounds. if you go to your "keyboard and control surfaces" preference and add a "MIDI Keyboard (no controls)" and set the midi input from MaxMSP Runtime 1 it will send midi to reason from all of your apps. i feel like someone has probably done this already, but just passing it along.

• Yes, that's one of the beauties of MAXMSP...you do all the magic there and then just output to your favorite DAW.

• do you know how i can set that up too? im stuck after setting it up. "and set the midi input from MaxMSP Runtime 1 it will send midi to reason from all of your apps. i feel like someone has probably done this already, but just passing it along."
    thats the part where i am stuck.
    maybe explain it a bit more?

• In Reason's preferences go to "Keyboards and Control Surfaces"

Then "Add"

Manufacturer = Other
    Model = "MIDI Keyboard (No Controls)"

MIDI Input = "from MaxMSP Runtime1"

Make sure Max is running when you are doing this.

Make sure whatever app your using has the output set to Max also. Should work no problem.

• what app am i using? not sure about that part

• you need to by running a monome app concurrently with reason. (i.e. polygome, fourths, boingg, etc.)

• ahhh ok, frustrated. im gonna try it out. let u know if anything happens

• ok well im using polygome. However, i tried to set it up correctly. Whenever i press a button on my monome, there is a signal when i am using thor on reason. I just dont hear a sound at all. Any idea about that?

• hm, that's weird. your outputs are setup correctly in reason? your output in gome is max, right?

• yea everything is correct but im not getting any sound. It shows the sounds, and plays it. I see the mixer moving as if it should be playing. However no sound. Any suggestions?

• I am getting feedback from reason, I can see the audio bars moving up and down from audio outputs 1 and 2, but the hardware device in reason says theres no sound. any idea about that? in my advanced midi device the bus select is A and it says its from maxmsp runtime1

• in preferences, under "audio", what is your "audio output" set to?

you don't necessarily have to have Max set as a bus in Reason for the monome to work. Max always has to be running if you want the monome to work. i'm confused as to why it's not working. could you maybe take some screen shots? are you on mac or pc?