How transparent are the buttons?

• Hi all,
    I'm putting together parts for a 40h, and I'd like to know if I could use tinted LEDs rather than water clear ones? would it show through the buttons when off or are they opaque enough to hide my cheap-skatedness?

many thanks!

PS. I'm still hoping to nab enough rubber keypads for a 40h from you lovely monome chaps, but I'd be willing to accept them from anyone else too! note: I don't need the keypad PCB, as I'm having that made.

thanks again!

• you probably won't be able to see it. i can't see my LEDs through the buttons when they aren't on. even when they are on, they just sort of illuminate the button.

maybe my eyes are bad though.

• Thanks! So: do you have tinted or clear LEDs?

Regarding the keypads: does anyone know if dimensional drawing have been released for the 40h keypads? I've emailed tehn@monome.org and info@monome.org and I've not received a reply from either about me buying a pad kit minus PCB. I guess they're busy...

• i believe they are clear?

it's an original 40h. the one i build myself has clear LEDs and acts the same.

• Ok thanks for the reply. I'm just thinking that I might see coloured dots through the buttons. I guess it's not that important, though :p

• i really don't think you'll be able to see the leds.

sorry for the e-mail lag, you're correct, we're swamped. i tend to deal with e-mail every other day in a huge batch, unless it's an urgent issue.

• Thanks for the info!