mlr + battery

• I'm trying to get mlr to recognize battery 3 (standalone) as the input source for recording. I'd like to record battery's output (triggered via trigger finger) just like I can with a mic or line in. I've tried jack for os x, but it just seems to want to crash max, battery, or both.

I can get battery to come into mlr as a vst, but then cannot seem to route it to the record buffers seperately.

Any thoughts on what else I can try, or whether or not this is even possible?

Thanks!

• try soundflower from cycling74, instead of jack.

your second method (vst) won't work as mlr2 exists currently.

• Thanks. I'll give soundflower a try and report back...

• It works!

Thanks Tehn, you've helped me achieve a setup I've been conceiving of since I got my 40h. Playing live trigger finger grooves in battery and recording them "sliced" into mlr to playback with the 40h, all on the fly...good stuff!

It won't be my 3 year old keeping me awake tonight...

• Is there, by chance, a way to designate an input source for recording into mlr while it is rewired to live? Not necessary, but it could be useful...

Edit: Never mind. I figured out how to do it simply by routing soundflower into a track in live.

So...to recap: Playing live trigger finger grooves in battery and recording them "sliced" into mlr to playback with the 40h, routing mlr's output to a track in live, syncing mlr's tempo to live. Electronic improvisational heaven!

• i'd love to see some video. glad you figured it out.