MLR pattern recorder + kills?

• Out of all the edits of MLR, which have pattern recorders that record group kills?

afaik, the cyst edit can do this, but it won't fit on a 64.

• > but it won't fit on a 64.

i'm going to derail here a little bit, but what top row layout would you like on a 64?

i've been wanting to scale the app so that i can use it with my 40h

• For a 64 the layout would probably need pages like the aes version.

Personally, I think it's crucial to have the group mutes, pattern recorders, and next/prev preset.

With 6 groups, and 4 pattern recorders, thats too much for a 64. Maybe add a page switch button that is active only while you hold it down. Then put the pattern recorders on the second page.

1-6 is mutes, 7 is tap tempo or something, 8 is the page switcher. While holding the page switch, 1-4 becomes pattern recorders, 5-6 becomes next/prev preset, and 7 becomes something else.

Aes edit has 3 pages of controls all together, but i think it would be nice to have the pages only change while the page/modifier button(s) are held down.

...also pattern recorders that record group mute presses are key!

• > 1-6 is mutes, 7 is tap tempo or something, 8 is the page switcher. While holding the page switch, 1-4 becomes pattern recorders, 5-6 becomes next/prev preset, and 7 becomes something else.

ok, do you mean mutes or kills? cause the standard functionality of the top left buttons is kill, not mute. in the standard mlr, mute happens when you hold the two shifters simultaneously and then hit the kill switch.

the difference is that kill stops the sample, while mute just disables its output. basically, you can unmute, but you can't unkill.

i'm thinking that the main thing that should change for a 40h version is the functionality of the two standard shifters, which gives 6 buttons across 3 pages.

6 group kills on the main setup, group mutes with buttons 7 and 8 held down, 4 pattern recorders when only button 8 is held down, and maybe also next/prev on the same page?

no quickly accessable tap tempo then... hmm. also, what about the whole other page of 6 controls...

• ahhh, i've definitely been referring to group kills then.

• mlrV has an option to record group kills

• Thanks! I just tried it out! I love the one shot feature!