monome slider tutorial

• So i was able to get audio and a seperate vid window of the monome. So you can see it all and have it explained. I think I can do higher res, but that will be for the next one. So here is how to setup slide and see it in action.

http://www.vimeo.com/623158

• Hey Tim,

Very nice tutorial. Out of curiosity, pardon my ignorance, but how does midi slide differ from regular slide. So far I've had no luck using regular slide. I shall now try midi slide.

Thanks for the video and keep it up!

• really nice work! i'll add you videos to the tutorial section.

• looks great! multiple windows is very helpful. what program do you use to screencast?

and a quick question>>
    have i been pronouncing monome & ableton wrong this whole time?? lol.

mon-o-me as in rhymes with non-low-fee?
    or
    or mon-ome as in rhymes with gone-home?

ableton>>> scrabble nun?
    or
    ableton>>> table fun?

• lol, i dunno, i just pronounce it how i see it. *shrugs shoulders*, I could be way off :) I just thought it was pronounced monome like mono(audio term) and me(as in you) cause of working with audio and stuff.

I use a prog. called iShowU to capture the screen. I am trying to fiddle with the options to get it maybe to do a lil smaller screen, higher res, and then it will follow my mouse. Learning curve :(

@tehn- sweet!

@jacobian- i always thought there was only one slide?

• i think its mon ome

MonĀ“ome
    n. 1. (Math.) A monomial.

as in single.

or could be worng. lol

and yeh - midi slide - its it in base patches or soemwhere i cant see ?

• nice work! post some more soon. i also cracked up about Abbletone, sorry.

from what i've heard Snapz Pro X is great for video screen captures. i believe you can make selections of whatever size you want or have it capture just single window. it's part of the current $49 macheist bundle along with a ton of other cool stuff (http://www.macheist.com/)

• @arctic- it is in base patches 4.4, it will be the one with a long name ending in 'slide 64'...and darn it, your explanation of the pronounciation kinda makes sense...wonder if tehn could tell how it should be pronounced, huh tehn could ya ? :)

@mapmap- i am gonna check out that suggestion, thanks! the iShowU was cheap, only 20usd, so I figured it would be a good start. I like it, but want to show clearer on the screen capture, I'll keep fiddling with settings and check out your suggestion :) heheh abbletone!!! i am spazzy when it comes to talking and stuff, i was hearing myself and was like "oh, what a toolbox"...o well. :)

• while we on thr talk
    autechre

is it 'or tek her'

? lol

• hehehe, I have heard aurally:

ahh-ta-share
    and
    aww-tec-re

• I say "Mon-ome", "Able-ton", and "Or-tech-er"

Although my 40h has been dubbed the Mo-Gnome.

:)

• @aes. I say "Mon-ome", "Able-ton", and "Or-tech-er"

yeh me 2.

• t1mp said "mapmap- i am gonna check out that suggestion, thanks!"

yeah, it looks good. that macheist bundle is only good for two more days.

• ok, i just bought it, and i am officially in love with istop, i did a lil stoppage music thing on my vimeo, should be uploaded soon...lol...thank you so much for a link to this!!!

PROPS!!