mlr stopped working, help please

• mlr (both 2.27 and aes edit) worked fine last night on my 128/imac.

today, the only buttons that will light/turn off when pressed are the pattern buttons (5th and 6th from left, top row in 2.27).

monomeserial 0.18, cable orientation top, prefix set to mlr in osc mode (host/listen ports 8000/8080). rebooted and retried twice.

as a test, i checked that flin/life work fine.

any ideas as to what might have happened? or what i might try?

thanks.

• maybe erase the mlr prefix and retype it back in, restart monomeserial.

• thanks, i had already tried that twice when rebooting. i'm hoping it's something simple like that, but i think i exhausted most obvious things.

• do you have maybe an invalid file loaded, like a rex or 4 bit loop?

• is your audio setting turned on in the mlr options window? i've had exactly the same problem you're describing - only pattern record buttons will show but nothing else - and it was because my audio was switched off.

• set cable orientation to left and mess around with the DSP settings. I usually have one or the other cause me problems.

• 128 default cable is top. keep it there.

sounds like DSP is off, that's all. check your DSP settings to make sure your sound card didn't de-select itself.

flin doesn't use dsp which is why it works.

• what Tehn said, I made a note in the Monomeserial XP thread about my cable orientation issues. I totally missed your note about trying to run it on imac so don't listen to me about the cable.

• duh. that was it, slightly embarrassed. thanks for the help.