Max 7: thinks my grid 128 is an arc?

• Working with Max 7, Polygome and EDW. I have a new Grid128 and Arc4 (non push button). Running latest Yosemite release.

When I open Polygome alone, I get response from the Grid if I select the Grid from the device pulldown, but no light feedback. If I select the Arc, the GRID works perfectly.

When I open EDW, alone, I get nothing if I select the Arc from the pulldown. Select the Grid128, and the ARC works perfectly. Try to get them both working at the same time and the Polygome won't do anything.

Any suggestions?

• bump...getting this behavior on another machine as well. hmmmm.

• i'm looking into this now.

• thanks, Tehn.

• just to be clear...this behavior is the same in maxruntime 6.1.7 too. and it's the same across three different macs. sigh....

• indeed this is busted on 7.02 looking into it now.

was working perfectly fine with my 7.00 build yesterday, sorry for the trouble.

• i have no idea what happened, seriously.

somebody confirm this fix works.

download: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/monome/serialosc.maxpat/master/serialosc.js

save (on mac) by opening the Max 7 contents (right click) and then to the folder

/Resources/C74/packages/Beap/patchers/

overwrite the existing file.

let me know if this works.

• trying it now.

• yay. yay.yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay. yay.

I've spent the last couple of days despondent and frustrated, thinking I was a dope.

Um, that patch worked, needless to say. Thanks! yay.

• glad to hear. i'll get the rest straightened out.