Motu BPM

• This could give my zendrum/command station combo some fierce competition...

• btw, this is apparently from the back cover of EM, Feb 09...

• What tehn said! Looks stunning.

• damn!

MOTU's really on a roll, check out this control surface for DP (called EuCon):

2548 x 608 - 171K
  • Surely Stretta can tell us more about BPM before tomorrow ; )

@snsr... the eucon also plays nice with logic etc.

• There is an interesting monome connection to BPM. I was tasked with making a demo/feature/tutorial movie for this product, but my voice was far too nerdy for the voiceover. For help, I turned to our own Primus Luta/AvantUrb.

I believe the BPM pages and movie will be on-line sometime tomorrow.

Please, someone make a denerdulator plug in effect.

ps: the EuCon is a euphonix product.

• Woa! On my way to the NAMM show now actually..I'll check the BPM out and report back.

• @stretta

Any way to "accidentally" post a sneak preview link to that video here? ;)

• woah woah woah woah.

at first i thought it was hardware. i thought "it says drag and drop. if i can drag midi and audio clips from DP to this, somebody hide the credit card," but the text makes it sound like software.

i can't wait for tomorrow.

yeah, the euphonix mixer looks starship entrprise, but for that kind of dough, i'd get the mackie universal control pro.

• damn this, NI Maschine and BeatKangz...its MPC knockoff season. Hopefully these will up the anty and force AKAI to overhaul/redo. AKA re-employ jjos maker maybe :)

• Now thinking it's just software. I think the "stand-alone" operation they're talking about is like running battery in "stand-alone" mode... :(

Still looks promising...

• Nah, I'm guessing you can drag and drop in the little spectrum display at the top, or in some sort of file browser. It has a DVD slot in the front, so I think you can load in a disk of samples and go crazy.

Stand alone, means you don't need a computer.

If this thing is more than just brochure'ware (that image is totally a 3d rendering) it's going to be VERY special.

• @JP

I hope you're right...

• i say just software.

• those sliders look little.

if it's software, that means the device is hackable, one way or another.

i hope it has OSC

• upon closer inspection, does this thing have two screens?

• this is going to be software, but it is still welcome. DP is good for live *backing*, but it has always lacked the ability to go on-the-fly and to jump around between sequences without gaps in playback like an MPC (or at least i havent found that ability in it). maybe it will allow Live playability in the DP platform.

price? please god, somewhere between Mach5 and Ethno ($349?)

• Okay, I'm over the hardware lust disappointment. Looks like a great piece of software...

• http://www.motu.com/products/software/BPM

• Any prices or release date yet? Looks pretty cool.

• It's not real !!! I hate fake 3d hardware shots.

• Haha, i feel your pain.

• It sounded too good to be true. I think we're still a few years away from this level of functionality in a stand-alone box.

Looks like I'll be keeping my zap and px-7 (not a bad thing)...

• http://vimeo.com/2844740

• just watched the video i am now in love!