Molar VSTi (1.0b29 - 21 Nov 2010)

• >I got it implemented in 13 hours of work..

wow duda,I feel like I've brashly used up all my three wishes in a hurry..
    ..forgot to wish for three more wishes,lol.

Well,thanks again for all your hard work (really wasn't expecting this one,I was more just putting ideas out!)

(I strongly encourage people to donate some $$$ to this guy to help compensate for all the time shared on our behalf!I myself will be planning for another small contribution towards Steve's beer money fund when I am next able to :)

• Soundtouch seems to be working well.I think you might have forgotten to attenuate the gain -6db to keep it in line with the resample and slice mode gains but no worries.
    On the it probably ain't gonna happen wishlist is to be able to enable a different loop load method per row...yea,yeah,I know!

But in other news,is it just me or is anyone else suffering from rather erratic sample switching in row?
    Sometimes it works,sometimes it doesn't sometimes the audio playback just stops all together.It confuses me but I don't really 'need' to use it unless I am randomly jamming various loops together which can still be done from the load menu so I really can't complain.
    (except having the file name flash across the mone when it does work is distracting.Is there a way to disable?)

• > attenuate the gain -6db

forgot to put that in the PC code, will add

> yea,yeah,I know!

exactly ;) No really its more a question of interfacing. How do you select, if on-device then how does a 40h user select, is there visual feedback..

> sample-switching

I want to get to the directory stuff, there's issues if you don't advance right after loading a wav, or something, I haven't figured out when it works (or stops working) either.

> file name flash ..distracting.Is there a way to disable?

just don't push Wav+4th button...?

• is there a setting to get the loop control to mlr style? would be great cause i find the actual behaviour a bit confusing. Maybe i get something wrong?
    THANKS
    malte

• > is there a setting to get the loop control to mlr style? would be great cause > i find the actual behaviour a bit confusing. Maybe i get something wrong?

I haven't used MLR enough to know what you consider "loop control mlr style". from what I've seen, I guess you probably mean pressing a step index at any time you want, and having the loop play from this location onwards like a sampler with an offset. Molar does this if you change a row to read "LTG" (LoopTrigger) instead of LP1.

however now is a good time to mention/remind that Molar has a separate step-sequence ('loop step re-arrange' in the case of loops) for *every pad in the row*. Thus you will probably want a sequence with the corresponding number of offsets as the pad's X. (X=0, starts on step0, X=1 sequence starts on step 1). Confused or sound tedious? Well, The build i just uploaded will make an entire row set like this if you hold COPY/PASTE and press EDIT, so you'll just need to press these + set the row to LTG.

The one remaining difference is the loop stops if you let go, but you can latch any duration by pressing a second pad in the row, so if you press the pad in the row to the left of the one you started with it will loop the bar.

New version posted:
    - "C/P+EDIT -> init row with offsets"
    - fixed some WAV directory scanning isses.
    - Wave Load method (resample/chop-fill/FFT stretch) is now stored per-row.
    - holding WAV button now shows status of:
    ---Loaded Loop? (column 1)
    ---WaveLoadMethod (columns5,6,7) 128/256 only

• cool, i justed tried it. the other differnce to mlr is that the loop is not "wrapped" when ltg is on. wich means that it starts from the beginning when loop end is reached istead the range from last pressed pad to seq end is looped.
    What about a new Ltg Latch Mode(mlr mode?)? Pressing a pad starts loop mlr like(wrapped) and we would need another function row pad that mutes the last pressed row(in mlr you have 4 mute groups but to save space i think one would be enough?
    What i noticed is that the sample start points in ltg mode seem not to be very exact wich means that pressing the same key is not playing the same slice each time. thanks for your hard work its allready lots of fun to play with molar.
    Is it possible to have decay and shuffle for each row?

cheers
    malte

• > Wave Load method (resample/chop-fill/FFT stretch) is now stored per-row.

Somebody likes a challenge :)
    Can't change loading method on already loaded loop without reloading it,but very workable.
    Also no visual cue with sequence stopped.

-I'm almost certain I've lost the use of the gate and decay function keys or did something change when I wasn't looking?

-I'm experiencing a lot of clicking on some material when using the pitch function regardless of loading method.Could have always been like that and I never played with it on the 'wrong type of loop' before?

Now for the I've been to embarrased to ask for fear of being a dumbass (or at least until I've tried to figure it out myself) questions:

-#1:What are the furthest left green numbers 1-64 for?I think I got it with Monochrome,but the Molar implementation went right over my head.

-#2: Ok,the sequence length and the four pages of pattern grid.I am completely lost here.Say I set the sequence length to 64, how do I duplicate the current pattern throughout the other three pages (copy paste doesn't seem to do it), and even more aggravating (If it's even possible?)how can I load up longer (64 step?) loops and use the four pattern pages to cycle through the entire loop?

#3:Apparently Molar has the exact abilities as Monochrome for midi sequencing but I just can't seem to get it to work the same.The best I've come up with is a maximum of two concurrent [sequential] steps per row.
    Any tips?(rtfm!?)

I swear,I'll pitch in time on writing the official users guide once I've figured out what the hell I'm doing myself! :)
    ------------------------------------

I don't know how other people use it,but I don't really, and from a personal preference it could be useful if the default wave location were either continuously updated with the last loaded wave file location or else updated when the plugin were unloaded.[edit:of course it would be imperative that a 'blank' pad could be loaded]
    Just me thinking out loud again.
    (nice bonus with the latest build that the load function does now remember the last browsed location,even after exiting the plugin!)

bla,bla,bla...

• Another consideration I've encountered is the best way to move a saved Molar "ensemble" from one computer to another(Ie:desktop to laptop).Unless I can recreate the exact file path on both computers,I have to find and reload each sample one by one.
    A couple ideas that pop to mind are either having the sample that is loaded on each pad actually somehow saved as part of the saved preset file or else having an autosearch for missing samples that could be pointed to a specific directory.
    I did notice though that the original filepath/name are stored with the preset bank even if the samples are moved so that in itself makes the process a lot easier,and the above suggestions not so critical.
    More brain phhht.

• > What about a new Ltg Latch Mode(mlr mode?)?

what makes something "MLR mode" to you might not to someone else. In general I'd prefer if we can discuss concepts and requests can be made in complete detail so I can convert direct concepts to code and let you suffer the consequences of whatever you tell me literally.. which for some reason reminds me of this:

http://thatsmyskull.blogspot.com/2005/12/mad-magazine-if-kids-designed-their.html

But it is easy to make it so the LTG's latch, if you hold one down with your finger I think you'll see that it indeed loops 'back to beginning' already. So I think latch is all you're asking for, besides...

>>>and we would need another function row pad that mutes the last pressed row(in mlr you have 4 mute groups but to save space i think one would be enough?

There's mute and solo per-row already I don't understand your thinking. Pretend I've never used MLR, and check out Molar Mute+Solo+output grouping if you have not and let me know why more is needed.

>>>What i noticed is that the sample start points in ltg mode seem not to be very exact wich means that pressing the same key is not playing the same slice each time

thanks for the reminder, I think right now it quantizes you to your current step which is 50% off from nearest-neighbor which is what you're expecting

>> Is it possible to have decay and shuffle for each row?

yes in theory someday

> Somebody likes a challenge :)

I'd try to refute that, but perhaps you've seen my Bach video ;) But seriously in this case I had already implemented half of it. As for the 'issues' im aware of them, re: 'visual cue', I'm not interested in making everything work visually on-device in stop since so much is sync-based already, e.g. nothing that blinks will work in stop.

>-I'm almost certain I've lost the use of the gate and decay function keys or did something change when I wasn't looking?

not sure, you know those are for OneShots, yes? did you change configs lately or something?

> I'm experiencing a lot of clicking on some material when using the pitch function regardless of loading method.Could have always been like that and I never played with it on the 'wrong type of loop' before?

it works the same as my load method and is again built for percussive material, I could maybe work the pitch into the loading of the audiofile itself. Hopefully you've now understood my wav loading a bit more, assuming you've loaded some drumloops into the SoundTouch and hear how badly it ruins transients and makes timing sloppy to the point of unusable. Not that I've tried every tweak it offers, and of course it sounds ok on pads/bass and such.

> #1:What are the furthest left green numbers 1-64 for?I think I got it with Monochrome,but the Molar implementation went right over my head.

It's the # steps sync offset (in the pattern) for the row playback position. it is the same as in MonoChrome, its more intended for MonoChrome but could be used in Molar the same, e.g. if you loaded the same OneShot sample into two rows.

>, how do I duplicate the current pattern throughout the other three pages can I load up longer (64 step?) loops and use the four pattern pages to cycle through the entire loop?

you don't and you can't, just use 16-step patterns or less would be my suggestion, I wanted longer patterns for certain occasions, most notably to get my internal clock on the 64 step level, e.g. a 3-step pattern resetting at the 4-bar level instead of the 1-bar level. It actually was a pain to get those pages working and such, on device and everything, it is what it is.

>>>>#3:Apparently Molar has the exact abilities as Monochrome for midi sequencing but I just can't seem to get it to work the same.The best I've come up with is a maximum of two concurrent [sequential] steps per row.
    Any tips?(rtfm!?)

works fine here, sounds like maybe midi timing error, try raising the gate a little.

• Maybe take a few minutes and check out mlr so you know what i mean.
    the main points for me are:

latching of the loop(holding down the finger is especially for the bigger devices difficult, 10 finger limitations)

the other issue is that you press pad 5 in ltg mode and it loops from 5 till 8 so it is not playing the whole loop. Mlr would play from 5 till 5(5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5)

• > Maybe take a few minutes and check out mlr so you know what i mean.

No, thats my point, I don't want to guess what you mean and work hard and have you say "no thats not it" because last I checked I'm not on anybody's payroll, and I don't want to clone MLR verbatim, so if you're unwilling to describe a request in detail without saying "make it like MLR" then I can't be bothered to say more than well, "use MLR". So don't even mention MLR, mention concepts and if you can't describe it I don't see how I'm supposed to implement it.

> latching of the loop

yes we covered this already. consider it covered at least.

• @malte-

>>>the other issue is that you press pad 5 in ltg mode and it loops from 5 till 8 so it is not playing the whole loop. Mlr would play from 5 till 5(5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5)

Hold down pad 5, then hit pad 4, then i believe youll get what your looking for...

• @bangInclude

no, its not working as you discriped here. I am using Nuendo 4/OSX.

cheers
    malte

• >so I can convert direct concepts to code and let you suffer the consequences of whatever you tell me literally.. which for some reason reminds me of this:
    http://thatsmyskull.blogspot.com/2005/12/mad-magazine-if-kids-designed-their.html

LOL!

So if I understand what you are saying,the four page grid is not functioning as any more than a visual aid for 16 steps at this time...?

376 x 257 - 18K
  • >So if I understand what you are saying,the four page grid is not functioning as any more than a visual aid for 16 steps at this time...?

huh? no they work as intended AFAIK, you need to raise the SEQ LEN to > 16. Else I think there's a misunderstanding between a sequence step and a destinatio n step. 4 pages allows for 4 pages worth of sequence steps, i.e. rearrange info. Each one of these steps holds a value from 0 to 16, corresponding to a destination step (or 0 for off).

I'll post a big update in a bit, still reworking some things..

• new version posted:

-Swing, Gate, Mult are now per-row.
    -added GUI parameters for per-row Volume + Pitch
    -expanded GUI to accomodate new row parameters
    -a lot of internal changes to handle the multiple mults
    -LoopTrig mode now latches forever. You can make a pattern in the row with an empty step to 'stop' (or use mute function).
    -LoopTrig now displays the step you hear on the monome (WSYIWYG).
    -increased memory footprint to handle ~4-bar loops (on lower mult, note the loop is still 'sliced' into 16 segments, so e.g. a 2bar loop has 16 eigth-note segments).

Comments welcome.

• edit:

oh,new version.there goes my afternoon! :)

• word of caution, avoid changing Pitch on LTG channels, there's some strange nasty bug going on there that will make really loud sounds.

• Steve,

[possible bug]
    Thanks for the great update and for the love in general! I hate to be annoying at this point but it seems like the new per row functions, swing and gate only work via the mouse. For instance swing i used to be able to hold down my swing function button and hit one of the top row buttons and it would change the global Swing param ( im sure you know this i just want to illustrate that i know what im doing ). So with the new per row stuff id assume i hold down the swing functin button and hit one of the buttons in that row and that would change the swing param for that row. But if this is the behavior that is supposed to happen, it doesnt seem to be working this way. Like i sid the only way i can change swing or gate now is via the mouse...
    oh yeah, Live7.02, 02/12/08 Molar VST 128, OS X 10.4.11
    [end possible bug]

[Request]
    Also, id like to add up a feature request... Bear with me...
    With the new LTG mode ( or even the old LTG mode ) when you hit a button then while holding hit another one, you have a "minisequence", what some are calling "MLR functionality" basically where you hit pad 2 then while holding hit pad 6, gives you a seq[2,3,4,5,,2,3,4,5...]...
    So, when you do this then press edit, you get to edit the sequenced steps on pad 6 because it was the last button pressed and thats the way the edit function works. To me it would make sense if you could somehow, in this situation with an LTG where you held one button then hit the next, be able to edit the *held* buttons sequence, so in this case youd be able to edit button 2's sequence, giveing you the ability to on the fly be able to change the steps played from:
    seq[2,3,4,5,,2,3,4,5...]
    to
    seq[2,10,14,5,,1,6,8,5...]
    or
    seq[1,1,14,3,3,6,8,5...]....
    or basically whatever steps you wanted while still in that latched sequence...would be really fun!

Thanks again for this great plug and the ongoing support!

-!

• i, too, am experiencing some weird issues with the new build. I dont seem to be able to get sound to record or stream through the input. When i press the wav button, with (for example) row 1 active in lp1 mode, i get a flashing yellow light in the top row, third column from the right (the 'play through' audio sample button). Sound doesnt seem to be recording or playing back.

But definitely some nice new concepts to think about here, kudos...

Live7.02, 02/12/08 Molar VST 128, OS X 10.4.11

• Wow!Big Update!Thanks!

Initial observations and comments:

-The only part of the expanded GUI display that follows settings as they are made remotely is the Pitch
    column?

-The new LoopTrig functionality is really cool.
    I keep thinking it would be cool in one of the loop modes to be able to trigger the playback [edit:the word 'direction' should be here] of the sequence depending on whether pads were pressed from right to left or left to right.Is this description too vague?

-Any chance of switching between LP1 and LTG directly from the Monome?

-Maybe a BUG,but it's kind of cool how an LTG row can still have single slices triggered back when it is muted or other tracks are solo'd.

-the gate can can actually be usefull in loop mode,and it is useable as such within the new GUI.Any chance of enabling it for loop mode from the monome?

Ok,from my previous discussion regarding the SEQ LEN pattern pages,all that's really missing for me apart from my probably not grasping the obvious is the ability to copy and paste from one page of sequence steps to another in the grid,or for the pages to autofill with pattern steps when raising SEQ
    length.I can draw in steps manually though.

• Glad to see the new update Steve! This is very much appreciated.

However, I'm seeing the same issue lokey mentions above about weirdness with the audio input. I can't seem to toggle the punch in/out button for a given LP1 row. It just flashes on the active row and can't turn off until I change active rows but then the newly active row has the same issue. I happen to be using the same setup as lokey's:
    Live7.02, 02/12/08 Molar VST 128, OS X 10.4.11

• metarecord is broken using Live demo on xp

• oh, yeah. Notice the metarecord as well late last night. It remains lit on the 1bar, doesnt follow the set number of bars...

• great. the new gui makes sense for me. a few suggestions. especially for 40h users it would be great to set the loopleght manually. now it lools like the whole loop is only played when all 16 steps(pad) are spread out. if you got only 8 pads then you can onyl play the half loop. Maybe a special default for the 40h verison? what do you think about the "wrap mode" means pressing pad 7 in ltg mode plays 7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7. this would rock my world. thanks alot

• New build posted, thanks for all the feedback!

-fix to the metasequencing + input recording
    -PITCH will now use a FFT (shift pitch on load) if FFT (soundstretch) is selected as the load mode for this loop row. The LED's in the pitch page (and the row on screen) indicate the realtime pitchshift amount, so if you press a pad in this row with FFT, you will hear the pitch change (and a tiny glitch as the file reloads and calculates the pitchshift) but the LED will not change.
    -Looping on a segment of steps (hold one in row, press another) now allows you to display/edit the looping pattern/segment (in both EDIT and 4x4).
    -params adjusted on Monome now update immediately on GUI
    -Gate/Swing can be set using Monome per-row
    -clicking Shift-Paste will paste the current visible page of the stepsequencer only (pastes from Page1 of whatever pattern you clicked COPY on).
    -under NUDGE, the 4 rightmost buttons on a 128/256 will set row mode (SND, SN1, LTG, LP1)
    -improvements to displaying audio input under WAV:
    rightmost-minus two: is the "punch in" pad which now flashes to show that recording is active. Otherwise this pad is lit Solid indicating that this row is our 'record destination'.
    rightmost-minus one: this is the 'capture next cycle', pressing this will show it solid until the next cycle, at which point the 'capture this cycle' illuminates
    righmost: 'capture this cycle' illuminates if pressed, at the end of cycle the LED will change to the right-most-minus-two (solid, indicating something has been recorded)

• I'm struggling to get Molar to work with Logic8. Almost all of the notes that are send from Molar through the IAC bus are doubled, with a small delay. I say "almost" because one out of many is not. Seems random. The delay is not completely constant either, but that might just be the IAC bus causing an inconsistent latency.

I've checked my environment and all. I only have one physical midi input. Its "sum" goes to the "seq input" object, like with a normal setup.

I've tried everything I could possibly think of. Its driving me nuts. Is anyone using Molar successfully in Logic8?

Cheers

• another great update!...Cant wait to get home to try.. Thanks again Steve from me and my 128!

• i did not follow the thread since 10 days or so and just installed the latest version today - some strange problems occured:
    - browsing through a sample-directory (using the wav-function) causes molar to "hang" after four or five files. molar produces only some clicks and bits (sounds like a gated track) and i cant control it any more.
    - recorded audio has a bad delay, which was not present in the prior version

i am using Ableton Live 7.0.2 OSX 10.4.11 and the latest VST-molar post (feb 13).
    am i missing any configuration steps? any hints?

btw: i am loving the new UI!

• 0x80: are you on a G4/G5 by chance? I'm finding some AU MIDI problems on here, maybe there's a byteorder issue in CoreMIDI I need to investigate or something. Beyond that all I can say is that it works pretty solid here on an IntelMac in Live7.

bangInclude: cheers, thanks for the thanks:)

maxmin: any folder, always 4 or 5 files? how much RAM do you have and what model of the VST are you running? The latest .cfg has a couple new options but the old one should be compatible and wouldn't cause such a problem. re: audio in, it records very well-synced here, perhaps try again to verify you didn't have an out-of-time source (?) I did notice you need to load a loop first which is a bit strange but I haven't noticed any timing quirks as of now, keep me posted, a lot has changed under the hood when I expanded the GUI so anything is possible.

• Hi Steve,

I'm using an intel mac with OS10.5.2/Logic8.01

The notes are coming in at the correct velocity (100) and pitch (C1). I've done a little recording of the output from Molar. You can see that the notes are doubled in the bottom part, and also the list of midi events on the right.

http://www.vauxlab.com/molar_logic8.png

• -Live 7 Demo XP crash reproducable everytime by holding wav and pressing any fourth keypad from the right.(I meant to press nudge!)

-Maybe best for most users to have the loop load method as resampled in the default config file.(sounds best generally and it may take new users awhile to figure out they can change the loop load method)

-When do you ever sleep!? :)

• no crash, did you update the config file or did I forget to update a particular config file? It sounds like you did but I'm not sure as it works as expected here with the config set 0 or 1 (for scrolling wavenames, choice near the top)

I'll make the default to resampled, sounds like a fine idea

I sleep from midnight to 4 AM and then sometimes an hour or two in the afternoon ;)

• the new version is really great. i just realized that it is possible to program the "wrapping" manually...

• cheers! you can hold COPY and press EDIT to get the row "autowrapped" so to speak (inits all patterns with a nudge offset of each pad corresponding to its X)

• unfortunately, the new 128 build doesnt seem to be laying the control buttons out according to the config specifications. Pitch doesnt appear at all (a ___ appears) and all the arrangement is jumbled. Thanks for your hard work steve. Im liking the improvements all round...

• sounds like a config problem. edit: seems OK here, did you try the new config?

• i think it must have been an error between the screen and keyboard. Ive got it working now. Cheers...

• >no crash, did you update the config file...

I assume you were refering to my Live 7 crash report?
    My config file is updated,and this release definatley has an updated 256 config file for my 128.
    Only config change I have made is loop load method 0

Exact steps to reproduce a crash are:
    -Launch Live 7.01 demo in Windows XP
    -Load Molar
    -Press play on Live
    -Hold the wav pad and press any fourth from the furthest right pad (cable orientation /left)
    =
    Live 7.01.exe has encountered a problem...etc.

(oh yeah,my problem with the pattern grid copy/pasting is I wasn't 'shift' clicking paste.Doh!)

[edit:OK,I've got something really weird going on repeatably in a Molar instance with lots going on (Metasequencing,muting etc.)where I'm selecting pad 6-1 to load a loop and the loop is being loaded on another row instead.Will try to recreate from scratch.. ]
    [[update:Cannot make that happen again with a fresh instance or reloading the bank I saved when it was happening.Spoooooky]

[edit:Putting tempo below 98bpm in Live causes Molars bpm to double!?(weird)]
    [[ok,it's not 98bpm in particular.LOad a looop in live and start moving the bpm around drasticly.There are ranges where the loop will speed up when it should be slowing down and vice versa.This is with resample loop mode ]]

• steve, i am using molar_256.vst, 2 GB ram on intel mac and figured out, what`s causing the "hang-up"-problem: molar crashes when trying to load a non-audio-file (e.g. *.asd). i can remember, that older molar-version did not crash, but played weird sounds instead. hm, will try to investigate.

• @steve
    COPY and press EDIT is producing the unwrapped version. Wrapped in my understanding would be(besides the x offset) setting the slices wich reaching loop end to loop start.
    Is it possible to have an field in the config file to set the whole audiodile lenght as default for the pads? Now on my 40h i allways half audiofile lenght. I think thats what the warp knob is for, but its changing the pitch to right(depends on the algo selected?)
    are the keypress now quantized in some way?
    sorry for dumb questions...
    have a nice day

• Question or future feature Request???...

Id like to be able to Use the bottom row of my 128 for sequencing and use a separate MIDI/OSC controller to trigger the bottom row special functions.

I have my config file set to [0] for Bottom Row for special functions only. So i see that you can send MIDI notes E7-G6 on chan 1 ( other chans dont seem to respond ) from a midi controller to Molar_128 to use the bottom row special functions...Cool! But when i send the MIDI notes it triggers the functions and that bottom row button in Molar, making it hard to use the bottom row to sequence. Basically, if i wanted to special function edit, i would also trigger the sequence on that pad whether i want to or not. Is there a way i can offset the bottom row somehow in the config file or some workaround that will let me use the bttom row of monome buttons for sequencing Only and use an external MIDI controller to use the special functions? perhaps if i send out MIDI notes E7-G6 on say channel 2 or 3 it will only trigger the special functions?

Thanks!

• yet another 'future' request:

Any chance of chopping off the screen hogging unused lower third of the 128 build?As I migrate things over to my laptop I am finding screen real estate to be a bit more of a commodity.(Of course I'm sure you/we could find some real cool stuff to put in there instead:)

[mmm....already weird enough and then add gated warped multidirectionalized vocal loops speaking some unknown language lightly dipped in cool dripping reverb]
    (yep,it's way too late!)

• Gotta say im lovin the per row swing and Gate features...Not to mention the New inner row LTG edits...really add to the already great flexibility of the app...

• maxmin, I can scan folders with asd files here on OSX, I may have changed something but I don't recall what that would be. so let me know what you find out, again I'd be curious if its a single folder or several that causes this problem.

malte - I guess, if sequence length is 16 then it is doing such at a bar level, I dunno, but yes you can achieve whatever you want with drawing and/or nudge abilities.

audiofile length, well I think you mean seq len which you can set to 16 with the mouse, or with shift-alt to set it to the entire row. I default it to 8 on the 40h and there's no pref currently but you can save your own preset to load.

bangInclude, the best way I can think of would be to use Molar_256 and enable the Pref for LowestRowFuncOnly.

gurulogic- re 128 crop, done, will be in a future build. see MonoChrome if you're impatient :) regarding crash when saving with nothing, I"ll investigate.

re loop doubling, is a guess of BPM based on your host bpm and the source audiofile, I try to make things what I consider musically sensible and it typically guesses correct on e.g. an 8 bar loop of 160 BPM when you are 140 BPM, knowing that the source audio is likely 8 bars of 160 and not 16 bars of 80 BPM. Maybe down the road I'll add a BPM doubling control I have in Lucifer, but I'm a little tired of adding junk at the moment so I'd have to say do extreme stretching prior to import.

• More loop loading weirdness In Live 7.
    I just had unique loops loaded on rows 1+2 and then loaded another loop from the same folder on row 3,and now this loop is also playing back from row 2 replacing the sound that was on row 2 but leaving the filename the same.(ie:I loaded loop chord.wav onto row three but the same loop is also playing back on row 2 that still shows loop 4-4.wav as being loaded)
    I cannot give a step by step on recreating this because it seemed to happen randomly.

• [edit:I'm also having some serious performance issues with trying to play back more than a few rows on my notebook.After four to six loops are activated I start getting very noticable crackling in some 'song asseemblies.Increasing my buffer 'substantially' allows me to playback all eight rows with no 'noticeable' crackles but I can load the same loops and then a whole bunch more directly into live with the same lower buffer size and playback with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

Thinking it might be the crappy Stanton FS2 Scratchamp,I swapped in an M-Audio Firewire Audiophile with the exact same results.

-All loops are playing back at their exact original tempo
    -Same thing happens in Cubase SX 3 as Live 7.
    -Disabled multiprocessing
    -Happens regardless of wav loading method,or how many stereo outputs are active
    -Does not seem to be consistant across different combinations of loops(some more,some I'm not even sure I can hear any crackling when loading all eight rows)
    -Clicking of loaded rows can be triggered by enabling playback on empty rows!
    -Output is NOT clipping!
    -CPU usage is quite low
    -Raising buffer to over 1024 samples does help
    -Tested with Feb 8'th build with similar results but is noticeably worse in latest build.
    -mlr plays back same loops without incident

Notebook Specs are:
    -2.0Ghz Intel Core 2 duo
    -2Gb of Ram
    -120GB 5400 RPM Drive
    -Windows XP Pro SP2 + ieee 1394 bandwidth patches]
    -tested both Stanton Finalscratch 2 Scratchamp and M-Audio Firewire Audiophile,Live 7 demo and Cubase SX 3
    -Tried also raising plugin buffer in Live to 'ridiculous' with no affect
    -My desktop computer is so fast I could previously have easily missed performance issues

Any idea?I would have to guess hard drive speed but why is Live ok playing back the same loops and then some?
    Buy a MacBook Pro?lol

• new build posted:

-fixed an error with switch WAV type buttons loading into a lower row (row*2)
    -config default to load resampled (0) instead of FFT (2)
    -added the collapse (>) button top-right to show/hide GUI parameters

• ./\
    / |\
    . |
    . |
    . |
    Shameless attention grab Cause I edit/posted my last post 2 minutes after Duda was outa here.

• Molar uses very little CPU here for all it is doing, but I did mess up in the config file which isn't helping, my brain was a bit shot:

[1] disable scrolling names (wav+4th button)
    [1] slave instances exit to normal view (exit pattern display) (0)
    [1] Exit from Pattern display when plugin instance becomes non-primary

should read

[32] process interval in samples (larger numer = less blinks, less CPU)
    [1] disable scrolling names (wav+4th button)
    [1] Exit from Pattern display when plugin instance becomes non-primary

the configs will be updated in the next version, whenever that is..

regardless I'm not sure thats your problem, if the CPU isn't registering it is either something else (check TaskMan) or its your display card (try closing the plug-in window, see if it helps?)